Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > The One Ring Musical
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2001, 01:57 AM   #1
Elven Warrior Maiden
Hobbit

What?

Sorry if you don't want other people to cut into your conversations, but I just joined the forum, and I want to know a few things, mostly about the musical. I love the Lord of the Rings, and I love musicals and stuff, so anything you know about it at all (anything!) I will greatly appreciate it. One major thing I want to know, is, when it's finished, will it be put in a script to be sold or something? Here in Australia, we'd like to get some good Lord of the Rings entertainment. Just, could you say all you know, that's not on the site already, please?
Elven Warrior Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2001, 10:21 PM   #2
hama

Elven Maiden Warrior:

Believe me. Your question is certainly not an interruption to any converstaion and I must admit I really don't know where to begin? What do I know about the musical that isn't on the site? Well hopefully everything as I am the writer, composer creator of The One Ring.

We had a site on another web host. When they shut down, the webmaster here at Tolkien Trail, Ben Milder, was kind enough to offer to host us on an interim basis. The One Ring had its initial reading in New York two years ago. Based ion that reading I scrapped the original script and completely re-wrote the script and continue to do so.

I have been involved with numerous major Broadway productions as an actor or writer but this is my first solo project. We were very close to announcing an agreement with a major Broadway Producer until the events of September 11th. We intended to suspend our efforts of relaunching an independent web-site as we assumed that the producer would take over that function.

This project is intended to be a fully produced production with a London West-End Production, Broadway and numerous tours...one of which would of course travel to Australia. I have already sold the music publishing rights to Halen Entertainment which has produced the Broadway Albums of numerous musicals and we are hoping to get into a studio this fall to record a concept album. We will of course, include those recordings on this or some subsequent site.

I hope that answers some of your questions.
hama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:25 AM   #3
The One Ring, The Precous
Sapling

I'm old, and new as well.
The One Ring, The Precous is offline   Reply With Quote