Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > The Life of J.R.R. Tolkien and his Other Works
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2015, 10:18 AM   #1
Tessar
Master and Wielder of the
Cardboard Harp of Gondor

The Artwork of Tolkien

I've always been fascinated, and a bit jealous, of Tolkien's multi-talent. He did some beautiful artwork. A book came out in 2000 that I just recently found out about and I've been meaning to look for or order, with some of his artwork.

My fiance is a great drawer, so in the last year or so I've really gotten into art and while I always enjoyed Tolkien's work before, now I can really appreciate it because ART IS HARD, YOU GUYS!! I've grown so much artistically.

These are a couple of my favorites:

Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 08:51 AM   #2
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Art is hard indeed.

It always suprised me how Tolkien managed to be such an accomplished writer and an accomplished artist. (I want his watercolour skills!) Truly, he was an exceptional man.

A while ago I saw an announcement of a book coming with Tolkien's own art, including some (then) recently unearthed work. I always forgot to track it down, maybe I should got for it now.
Earniel is offline   Reply With Quote