Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-17-2015, 04:50 PM   #61
Nerwen
Elven Warrior

Lilyblack Gefae*Almost qucker than the eye can see, she draws her right-hand dagger and plunges it with little effort into the scarred tabletop in front of the tall Man* "I may be a maiden in your eyes, but I am not helpless, Master Eothain. And I can wield a sword, too, if it comes to that. My horse, Solitaire, is no fainting palfrey, either."
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 03:47 PM   #62
Attalus
Swan-Knight of Dol Amroth

Eothain *Eyes the dagger without blinking* "Oh, aye,mistress, you are fast and ready with a blade, this I already knew. But to survive a fight with those I fear we might face is another thing." *Eyes her with a twikle* "Though I misdoubt you would be unmanned by fear."
Attalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 08:44 PM   #63
Nerwen
Elven Warrior

Lilyblack Gefae *Glares at him.* "I was unmanned at birth, sirrah. But I do not creep about in fear nor jump at shadows."
Old 08-19-2015, 12:43 PM   #64
Attalus

Eothain "Perhaps the shadows of Edoras after dark and the shadows of Mirkwood are of different order, Mistress. However, needs must you two go with me to get the talisman. So, if you are coming, meet me at the city gate at dawn day after tomorrow. Bring enough supplies for a long journey, maybe lasting into the winter. The winds are fierce in the Wild, then."
Old 08-19-2015, 03:03 PM   #65
Nerwen
Elven Warrior

Lilyblack*Just before dawn on the day named, she leads her horse and a recently purchased mule packed full of supplies: dried meats, waybread, cooking ware, spare weapons, and blankets and warm clothes for the cold months to the gate. She has obtained an indefinite leave of absence from her job, pleading an ailing uncle in Lake Town.*
Old 08-20-2015, 12:50 PM   #66
Attalus

Eothain*appears out of shadow* "Good morn, Mistress. I see you come prepared. I hope we will not need all that. Twould be a pity if the going got rough and we had to abandon your animals. Now, where is your friend the Dwarf? I would hate to start late."
Old 08-20-2015, 12:54 PM   #67
Attalus

Snorri *voice come out of darkness* "Already here, ye tall man. I saw ye arrive but saw no reason to call attention to myself. Dinnae fash the lassie. Tis better to hae and not need than need and no hae in the Wild. Or so I hae found."
Old 08-21-2015, 05:16 PM   #68
Nerwen
Elven Warrior

Lilyblack "He doesn't bother me, friend Dwarf. The mule is neither here nor there, he can be sold or left as needed. But my horse would follow me anywhere, and I misdoubt that I shall need to leave him."
Old 09-01-2015, 11:36 AM   #69
Attalus

Eothain"Perhaps you speak sooth, Master Dwarf. We must cross the Wold of Rohan and the animals will be of no hindrance, there. It is Mirkwood, whence we hie, that worries me. But that is a worry for another day. Let us forth, before the sun gets any higher.."
Old 09-02-2015, 01:32 PM   #70
Nerwen
Elven Warrior

Lily*She rode along the high road out of Meduseld both sternly determined and somewhat apprehensive. She had been in the Wold before, and it was a bleak badlands. She hoped they could find fodder enough.*
Old 09-03-2015, 12:10 PM   #71
Attalus

Eothain "Do not worry your head about fodder in the Wold, Mistress. There is grass a-plenty, though not the best. Our main problem is crossing Anduin on the way to Mirkwood. I mind the portage-way that leads from the Sarn Gebir to the northern borders of the rapids. Our animal friends can manage it, I feel, since it was designed for those with light boats to carry goods to trade with the North."
Old 09-03-2015, 08:55 PM   #72
Nerwen
Elven Warrior

Lily "That is a relief to my mind, Master Eothain. I see that you are reconsidering my friends as beasts of burden to carry goods to help us in our need, is it not so?"
Old 09-04-2015, 10:55 AM   #73
Attalus

Snorri "Nae, Lass. Yon ha' ne'er been wrong in his life, save once when he thought he might have been."

*They continue on till they reach te portage way beside the Sarn Gebir and hear Rauros' roar in the difference. Snorri has been leading the mule, which he calls Lorna, and has developed an unexpected fondness for.*
Old 09-04-2015, 05:26 PM   #74
Nerwen
Elven Warrior

Lily*She regards the winding path with some concern* "It is not that steep, but it is narrow and the surface is uneven. I will lead Solitaire if you will lead Lorna, Master Dwarf."
Old 09-17-2015, 02:25 PM   #75
Attalus

Snorri " "I ha' ne'er seen a female mule before, Mistress. Are they special in some way?"
Old 09-17-2015, 08:18 PM   #76
Nerwen
Elven Warrior

Lily "Aye, Master Snorri. They are especially tough and enduring. Qualities some folk, doubtless falttering, attribute to the Dwarves."
Old 09-17-2015, 09:00 PM   #77
Attalus

Snorri "Aye,aye. A Dwarf can carry twice his own weight and not complain, and I suspect that is true of our fair Lorna, eh?"
Old 09-17-2015, 09:03 PM   #78
Attalus

Eothain "The Elves also say that female mules can see in the dark and smell foes. If they smell like Orcs do in the tales, that should be no large feat, eh, Lorna?
Old 09-28-2015, 03:04 PM   #79
Attalus

*They reach the top of the portage-way, and begin to ford over Anduin to the east bank. Suddenly they tense and duck as a black arrow zooms overhead*
Old 09-28-2015, 04:03 PM   #80
Nerwen
Elven Warrior

Lily *she ducks behind her horse then rides to where the arrow struck a rock* "This is an Orc-arrow if ever I saw one." *she sniffs the chipped tip* "And it has something smeard on it. Poison, I'll bet."