Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > Middle Earth
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2004, 02:33 PM   #101
Attalus
Swan-Knight of Dol Amroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel
I don't know, Both Smaug and Glaurung, were pretty smart - if not somewhat evil. I'd go even further and say that Smaug quite had style.
Smaug, IMHO, has been the model for all of the fantasy dragons that I have ever read about. Clever, malicious, greedy and vain.
Old 12-09-2004, 03:25 PM   #102
Lenya
Elentári

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eärniel
I don't know, Both Smaug and Glaurung, were pretty smart - if not somewhat evil. I'd go even further and say that Smaug quite had style.
*shakes her head*
I didn't like Smaug, he was foolish and way too confident. I think Glaurung could have had a bigger role, and they are the only dragons that actually had a significant role.
Lenya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 03:56 PM   #103
Lenya
Elentári

The Eagles rock also, especially in Silm where they are even bigger and better. Hence the vere dramatic effect of the words : "The Eagles are comming! The Eagles are comming!"
Old 12-25-2004, 10:41 AM   #104
Lenya
Elentári

Don't you just love the sad undertone the Elves have (music of the Ainur)? You know, compared to Elves, men seem like amatures in life.
Old 03-16-2005, 09:04 PM   #105
me9996
Ring-smith

Location: Either walking across Rohan or riding through Fangorn forest
Strider

I like wizards!
They have magic and can use it and are neat!
Has no authority whatsoever
Master of messing up
Master of spoiler tags

Thread killer
Ring smith

Merry Christmas!
They'd never say that (Part 2)

What happened to the dragon?
me9996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 09:28 AM   #106
strider8
Elven Warrior

Location: In a spaceship, floating in your puny planet's atmosphere, awaiting orders to invade
Gimli

My favorite race are Dwarves because they are good fighters and they are very sturdy.
The axes hewed Forlong as he fought alone and unhorsed; and both Duilin of Morthond and his brother were trampled to death when they assailed the mumakil,leading their bowmen close to shoot at the eyes of the monsters. Neither Hirluin the fair would return to Pinnath Gelin, nor Grimbold to Grimslade, nor Halbarad to the northlands,dour-handed Ranger.

Those that would not return home, page830-831, The Battle of the Pelennor Fields, The Return of the King
strider8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 09:39 PM   #107
Morgoth the Elfbit
Hobbit

Location: I split my time between Mordor and your Imagination
I like the dwarves a lot too but my favorite race is the Elfbit. For those of you who dont know an elfbit is a half elf, half hobbit. They are very short, they have pointy ears, and furry feat. Though their feet are not as large as a hobbit they more closely resemble an elf. They are very slender and graceful. Most share the hobbits love of sitting around and doing nothing however some feel a greater calling to the manic depressiveness of the elves. For visual reference look at my avatar take away the blue, the hat, and the shoes, and make them skinny and theyre you go.

Here is my permanent apology for off-topicing. If I do it, which i will, I am sorry. I feel bad about it but being an elfbit messes with your head and things get wonky so spamming is almost inevitable. There will be good replys but for when I do off-topic I am deeply sorry.

Offical title: Morgoth the Elfbit: Un-Official Court Jester of the Entmoot

At Your Service.... BOW TO ME!

Miranda Otto is hot!

I Kinda Like Feanor.... (meep)
Morgoth the Elfbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 04:52 PM   #108
Lenya
Elentári

Quote:
Originally Posted by me9996
I like wizards!
They have magic and can use it and are neat!
That's a big surprise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgoth the Elfbit
I like the dwarves a lot too but my favorite race is the Elfbit. For those of you who dont know an elfbit is a half elf, half hobbit. They are very short, they have pointy ears, and furry feat. Though their feet are not as large as a hobbit they more closely resemble an elf. They are very slender and graceful. Most share the hobbits love of sitting around and doing nothing however some feel a greater calling to the manic depressiveness of the elves. For visual reference look at my avatar take away the blue, the hat, and the shoes, and make them skinny and theyre you go.
And if I ask, just how did this Elfbit race come into being? It is difficult for me to draw a connection between Elves and Hobbits.
Old 03-31-2005, 06:40 PM   #109
Elemmírë
avocatus diaboli

Elfbits... someone is going to read this thread and think that Elfbits really exist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenya
Don't you just love the sad undertone the Elves have (music of the Ainur)? You know, compared to Elves, men seem like amatures in life.
Yes.

Neil Gaiman
Elemmírë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 08:39 PM   #110
Morgoth the Elfbit
Hobbit

Location: I split my time between Mordor and your Imagination
(Gasp) Elemmire! How dare you insinuate that the Elfbit doesnt exist. I cant even think about a world without the admirable elfbit. Yeesh. I think just for that. Finrod is... well.... uh..... not... cool. Yeah thats it hes not cool,

Oh and the origin of the Elfbit is an interesting thing as well. Far back in time when the hobbit and the elf first came about a few small fat elves were attracted to what seemed to be small, fat elves. (Dont ask me its something wierd) But they decided to marry and well thats history. Interesting side note when they found out that the short fat elves were in fact hobbits it caused no end of trouble in Middle Earth. The Breaking of the World? That was the real reason.

Here is my permanent apology for off-topicing. If I do it, which i will, I am sorry. I feel bad about it but being an elfbit messes with your head and things get wonky so spamming is almost inevitable. There will be good replys but for when I do off-topic I am deeply sorry.

Offical title: Morgoth the Elfbit: Un-Official Court Jester of the Entmoot

At Your Service.... BOW TO ME!

Miranda Otto is hot!

I Kinda Like Feanor.... (meep)
Morgoth the Elfbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 03:16 PM   #111
Lenya
Elentári

But didn't the short fat elves realize the others (latter found out to be hobbits) doesn't speak elvish all that good. And did the hobbits deliberately hide their true identities from the elves? And weren't the elves furious when they found out they were being lied to (=divorce)?
Old 04-01-2005, 03:39 PM   #112
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

Is it just me or does somebody else finds the name 'Elfbit slightly...Idunno... disturbing?

I think I'll stick to RE and Mauramellon's 'Elfit' for possible Hobbit-Elf-hybrids.
Old 04-01-2005, 03:42 PM   #113
Last Child of Ungoliant
The Intermittent One

me, i'll stick with hob-els, though they must have a limp
Last Child of Ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 01:28 PM   #114
Voronwen
Lady of Andúnië

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attalus View Post
LOL, the chief character in my novel has only a 25, making her a Non-Sue. That's encouraging.
Haha! Funny how i happened upon this character-test while i am in the midst of working things out with my own character. She gets 27 points as it stands - 20 of which simply come from her name (because it's the name i use, here and elsewhere). But she is also Non-Sue, despite a few, um, details of the plot (phew! ). I can't believe some of the things in that test, though! I've seen these kinds of tests before and am always appalled by the vast majority of what's on them - do people actually write that stuff? Wait, don't tell me, i don't want to know!

Now to answer the original question of this thread (yes, i like bringing back old threads, sorry ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haradrim View Post
Which of the races of middle-earth did you like best.
Men, Atani, Secondborn. Whatever you want to call them, there's no contest.

Specifically i love the Numenoreans. They represent all of the highest and most noble traits of humanity.

" ...But the Exiles on the shores of the sea, if they turned towards the West in the desire of their hearts, spoke of Mar-nu-Falmar that was whelmed in the waves, Akallabêth the Downfallen, Atalantë in the Eldarin tongue."

"Ye who believe in affection that hopes, and endures, and is patient,
Ye who believe in the beauty and strength of woman's devotion,
List to the mournful tradition still sung by the pines of the forest ... "

~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, Evangeline

Voronwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 01:25 AM   #115
TurinTurambar
Sapling

Id have to say Huan. hes like a race of his own. definitely a bad mama jama
TurinTurambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 03:12 PM   #116
Hobbit103
Sapling

I like the Elfits, Elfbit is a kinda scary name. But they combine both of my fave races- the Elves and the hobbits who are me every way around except stomach size and height. I wonder if there are any archers................... but if not yay more archery space for me!

Last edited by Hobbit103 : 09-23-2015 at 03:18 PM.
Hobbit103 is offline   Reply With Quote