Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > The Silmarillion
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2002, 02:08 AM   #1
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

The Silmarillion Discussion Project.

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce a project that I think will be fun and beneficial to our members and this forum. Entmoot's own Maedhros and myself in cooperation with Ben on allowing this project to proceed have deviced a discussion to take the Silmarillion to the maximum this forum can provide. Over the next few weeks we will ask for volunteers to pick a chapter of the Silmarillion and research it. Then that person will introduce their chapter in a new thread which I will stick to the top of the forum page and it will be discussed by whomever wishes to jion in. At the end of a three week discussion, it will be unstuck and the next chapter will be put up. Do not ask for particular chapters until the list is posted. I have yet to determine how to assign chapters, but I will let everyone know when that is decided. Maedhros has started us off with the Ainulindale.

Just a few words about posting. This is a serious discussion and any nonsense posts or spam will be deleted on site.

Also to other mods and admins. This project will possibly involve some of the Histories of Middle-earth series which would normally fall into the catagory of the Middle-earth forum. In this case though, it will be permitted to stay in the Silmarillion forum unless it is unrelated to the project at hand.
Sister Golden Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 06:51 PM   #2
Earniel
The Chocoholic Sea Elf Administrator

I have only read two books of HoME but I still will be able to participate in the discussions, right?

I think this is going to be very, very interesting.
Old 11-08-2002, 07:03 PM   #3
Sister Golden Hair
Queen of Nargothrond
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Eärniel
I have only read two books of HoME but I still will be able to participate in the discussions, right?

I think this is going to be very, very interesting.
You sure can. I think it will be interesting too, and fun.
Sister Golden Hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 09:37 PM   #4
Wayfarer
The Insufferable

OOH!

A chance to type out whole chapters from the silmarillion! What fun!